Thursday, November 8, 2007

World's Smallest Car?

I wanted to take a little break from writing, but didn't want to deprive you, my Gentle Readers, the opportunity to see some sort of fresh content today. Check out on YouTube the Peel P-50, supposedly the world's smallest car.

Something you won't see in many videos, which I discovered by watching some, is that it does not have an electric starter. To start the engine, you have to pull on a starter rope, just like a gasoline powered lawn mower!

Also, there is a "bubble top" version that was intended to be a two seater. However, it was no wider than the one-seater version. The occupants will be rather cramped. But, they are also probably having more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

The gas mileage is excellent. If I could only figure out a way to take three or four additional people along with me, it would make a great, low-fuel alternative to the Ford Crown Victoria I use now. I wonder if I could persuade people to ride on the roof... Or, how about they all climb in a little red wagon I could pull behind me?

Maybe not... But just thinking about it brought a smile to my face!

My hat's off to the Peel P-50. Now that's quite a car!

Sincerely,

The Cab Guy

No comments: