Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Update to 'If It Walks Like a Duck...'

Here's an update to my posting of Saturday, November 24, 2007.
If you've read the original post, you know that Friday night, November 23, I had a guy walk out on his fate. As of the time of Saturday's posting, Joe hadn't responded to my note requesting he call me and make arrangements to pay, hence my rant.

If you haven't read the post, see If It Walks Like a Duck... for all the details.

Tonight, Joe left me a voicemail saying he left twenty dollars in an envelope under the welcome mat in front of his door, and I could come by and pick it up anytime. Since he lives only about two miles from me, I went right over to get the Andy Jackson. After retrieving the money, I wrote on the envelope, "Thanks Joe, I appreciate this. No hard feelings."

Maybe I was a little hasty in calling Joe a "drunken pissant." Although he could have coughed up the cash a little sooner.

Maybe I'll see you out there on the road.

Sincerely,

The Cab Guy

No comments: